Mika Singh is an Indian pop singer and rapper and has also lent her voice in several Bengali films. He is a very popular Punjabi singer. He has sung in many Bollywood films including "Singh Is King" and "Jab We Met".
Amrik Singh aka Mika Singh was born on 10 June 1977 in Durgapur district of West Bengal. His father Ajmer Singh Chandan and mother Babir Kaur both knew music. Mika is the younger brother of Punjabi and Hindi singer Daler Singh Mehndi. Mika became involved in music since childhood due to the musical atmosphere at home.
He started taking music education in his childhood. He is fond of playing tabla, harmonium, and guitar. Mika took out his debut solo album "Saavan Mai Lag Gayi Aag" at the age of 21. After that his songs like Something-Something, Ishq Brandi caught the attention of the youth.
Mika started his film career with the film "Pyaar ke side effects". Mika has sung many excellent songs in his film career. For which he was also honored with many awards. Along with singing, Mika has also tried his talent in acting as well. Mika has played the role of "Michael" in the Punjabi film 'Rath Kapoor' and "Balvinder singh" in the film "Balvinder Singh Famous Ho Gaya". Mika has appeared as a judge in many TV shows.
1. Mika's singing education started at the age of just 8. At the age of 12, he had learned to play tabla and harmonium and at the age of 14, Mika started playing guitar.
2. Mika used to sing in kirtan's before singing in the movies, but his song 'Sawan Mein Lag gayi aag', which came in 1998, gave Mika an identity.
3. After the success of the first album, Mika launched the albums 'Gabru', 'Dunali', 'Something Something' and 'Ishq Brandi'.
4. Mika sang the song 'Dil Tod Ke Na Ja (Remix)' from the film 'Pyaar Ke Side Effects' in 2006, and after that he earned the fame by singing other famous hits.
5. Mika has sung many songs in Hindi and Punjabi as well as Marathi, Bengali, Telugu and Kannada languages.
You can visit apneecommunity to know about Mika's upcoming events near you. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more details.