If you have purchased a Netgear wifi extender and trying to install it, you can configure it with the help of a setup CD. In case you have lost the setup CD, even then you can go for Netgear wifi extender configuration. Now the question comes on how to setup Netgear wifi extender, we are providing you the steps required to configure your Netgear wifi extender without the need of a setup CD.
There are two ways you can set up your Netgear wifi extender. One is by using an Ethernet cable and other is without using an Ethernet cable.
Netgear wifi extender setup by using an Ethernet cable-
1. First, you need to provide power supply to your extender. Wait for few seconds till the power LED turn green.
2. Connect the Netgear wifi extender to your computer via an Ethernet cable.
3. Launch a web browser and type http://myWiFiext.net in the address bar.
4. Login to the web user interface of your Netgear wifi extender. You will be asked to enter your username and password. Your default mywifiext login username is ‘admin’ and the default password is ‘password’.
5. After you log in, go to mywifiext setup and click on wireless settings. Check the password in the password field and if the password is not the same as your router password then change it to match.
6. Click Apply and reconnect your wifi devices to the extender.