Interesting Facts about “The Mozart of Madras”- A.R. Rahman
A.R. Rahman, a man with exceptional musical skills and known for his revolution in Indian music. He is a living legend of the music industry who gave new heights to Indian classical music. Rahman has integrated Indian classical music with electronic music, world music, and traditional orchestral arrangements. He has a distinct style of music, which has mesmerized people over the decades and is still continuing. Rahman won multiple international awards for his phenomenal music and soundtrack composition of multiple international films. A. R. Rahman has a very gracious, nice, simple and cordial selfdom.
Apnee community is organizing some of the best in class “upcoming events in the USA”. The best one among all is the A.R. Rahman’s musical concert in “Nassau Coliseum (1255 Hempstead Turnpike, Uniondale, NY 11553)” on 01 Sep 2018 at 8:00 PM.
Here are Some Interesting facts about A R Rahman, “The Mozart of Madras”:
- He was born on January 6, 1967, and his real name is A. S. Dileep Kumar. Later in his life, he embraced Islam and is now known as A. R. Rahman (Allah Rakha Rahman).
- Rahman had to leave the school when he was 15 because of poor attendance in class. Later, he graduated from Trinity College at Oxford University and earned a degree in Western classical music.
- Though his fans named him “Mozart Of Madras”, but he doesn’t like comparisons with other music greats. This title is influenced by another talented classical music composer ‘Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart”.
- Rahman loves to be called as “Isai Puyal” which means music storm.
- He started learning Piano at the age of 4 and became famous since then. He attended Doordarshan’s wonder balloon where he got popular for being the kid who could play 4 keywords at the same time.
- His first salary was Rs.50 earned for operating a record player.
- He won 2 Oscars in the same year for his excellence in music and he is the first Asian to win this triumph.
- This music legend is the recipient of many awards like Grammy, six National Film, BAFTA, Golden Globe, fifteen Filmfare, Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan awards.
- A. R. Rahman was once included on “Top 100 list of the world’s most influential people”. The UK-based world-music magazine “Songlines” named him one of the “Tomorrow’s World Music Icons”.
- Rahman was also titled as “Indian of the Year for Contribution to Popular Music Award” in Limca Book of Records in 2007.
- In Ontario, Canada, a street in Markham was named in his honor in November 2013.
- The debut track of this music icon for film “Roja” was among TIME’s 10 best soundtracks of all time in 2005. He composed the soundtracks for over 100 Indian films.
- He won Oscar for his song ‘Jai Ho’ in a movie named ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ which also became the toast of the time in every part of the world.
- Rahman also gave his music in Hollywood movies such as “127 Hours” and “Lord of War”.
- In 2012, Rahman received a Christmas card from the family of the President of United States. He also got a dinner invitation to the White House.
- He launched his own music label KM Music in 2006.
- A Hollywood movie “Inside Man” used his famous song “Chaiyaa Chaiyaa”.
- A. R. Rahman is the only Indian who marked his presence in the “List of best-selling music artist of the world”. He hits the record of selling 200 million albums worldwide.
- Rahman composes his music at night as he doesn’t like any disturbance while creating wonders.
- He doesn’t like to celebrate his birthday in grandeur way. He offers early morning prayers and visits the orphanage to celebrate his birthday peacefully.
A.R. Rahman is a legendary musical wizard and has noted his popularity worldwide for his par excellence work and contribution to the Indian music. If you are planning to attend musical events and about to google “musical events near me” and “concerts near me”, your search ends right here. You can book your ticket from here for the A.R. Rahman’s musical concert in “Nassau Coliseum (1255 Hempstead Turnpike, Uniondale, NY 11553)” on 01 Sep 2018 at 8:00 PM.