From Radio Intern to Sakht Launda, 10 Things You Need to Know About Zakir Khan
“Bhai tumhara warrior hai” (Your brother is a warrior)This one line depicts the majority of his life. He used this line in one of his very famous show “Haq Se Single.” To begin with his life story, he comes from a decent middle-class family and he started his career as a radio intern and evolved as a brand name what he is today.
Eventually, there was a time when Zakir Khan’s life was far from fame and accomplishments, but this man’s meticulous efforts and painful struggles made him “Zakir Khan” who we know today as stand-up comedy maestro. His struggle stories are enough to give someone jump-start in their lives. He is famous for his humorous comic timing and has the potential to make anyone amused by his wit and comedy.
“Life mei chahiye izzat!... bhai kya hai na life mei chahiye izzat!” (I need respect in life, brother what I need in life is respect!). One of his most prominent line and what he worked for during his struggling phase. His journey from radio intern to Sakht Launda is very impressive and commendable. He worked for 3 months as an intern where he was asked to come early and leave late. He did this super stressful job only to make living and then gradually progressed to become a radio jockey. Now he is a star stand-up comedian, writer, presenter, and actor.
As a matter of fact, he didn’t achieve everything overnight, he had some bitter experiences in his life and did some backbreaking work to achieve what he has today.
“Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable. Every step towards the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals” -Martin Luther King, Jr.
There are few people who follow such philosophy in their lives and Zakir Khan is one of those people. As a result, he is now a popular stand-up comedian and are up for some desi events in US. One of his upcoming events in New Jersey is on June 30th 2018.
10 Things You Need to Know About Zakir Khan1. Anyone's biggest nightmare in life is listening. You are not good enough for the work which you strive to do. Zakir has faced even that, he was asked to leave the stage within 90 seconds during his first stage show.
2. How often do we judge a college dropout. He once said “Yaar, college mein rehne ka koi matlab nahi tha. Classes hum attend karte nahi the, aur degree se jyada apni khwahisho se pyaar tha” (friend, there was no meaning to stay in college if I don’t attend the classes and I loved my passion more than my degree). Yes you read it right, even Zakir had to drop his college to pursue his passion.
3. Bringing smile on someone's face is a bliss in disguise, and not everybody is born with such a superpower. Zakir always had it in him, he always loved writing jokes and making people go ROFL since his childhood.
4. Hailing from Indore and having a soft corner for shayaris and poems goes hand in hand. Likewise, Khan is no different, he started writing shayaris and poems lately which really stood out and are loved by the people.
5. Zakir also comes from a musical background, and even a graduate in playing sitar. Sometimes, one can wonder how a person can be blessed with so many talents. Isn't it?
6. He has also been a part of a news comedy show, “On AIR with AIB”. This is where he got a push start in his career as a comedian.
7. Khan's popularity is well-known and the world has witnessed it. He is a YouTuber and has enormous followers on YouTube and Twitter.
8. When Zakir was a child, he had a gigantic love for Rabdi (a sweet dish). Zakir's father used to drive an auto rickshaw from 12 am to 5 am so that every morning when he gets up, he could have his favorite pudding. How much sacrifices do our parents make at times, which we are unaware of.
9. Zakir have had some major break-ups in the past because of which he was also into depression.
10. He shares an incredible camaraderie with his dad and his dad was the actual reason because of which he finally moved on in life after that major break up and became THE ZAKIR KHAN that he is today.
Currently his new show “Chacha Vidhayak Hain Humare” with Amazon Prime is streaming successfully. To sum up, Zakir Khan is an inspiration for all!
Already feeling excited to watch him performing live? Hurry Up!! Get your tickets from Apnee Community today!!